In 1882, Herman Moller commenced
in practice as a Chartered Accountant in Manchester. In 1913 Mr. Moller
was joined in partnership by Mr. Snape. The firm changed its name to
Meller Snape & Co. in 1915.
the wars the firm expanded steadily with offices being opened in
Macclesfield and Crewe. Expansion continued after the second world war
with further offices in Buxton and Oldham.
1972 the Manchester office of the firm absorbed the North West work of
Josolyne Layton-Bennett & Co., a leading firm of Chartered Accountants
in the City of London, which lead to the adoption of the name Josolyne
Layton-Bennett & Co. in 1976. In line with growth trends in the
profession, in 1981 the London firm together with the Manchester, Oldham
and Crewe offices merged with one of the large international firms. The
Macclesfield and Buxton offices continued under the name Josolyne &
On 28th January
1989, Mr. Bullock retired from partnership in Josolyne & Co. and
purchased the Buxton business and continued to practice as John Bullock
& Co. The practice was taken over by Mrs. Karen Woodburn on 8th May
2000 and continues to practice as BullockWoodburn.
is the policy of the firm to provide a high standard of technical service
geared to the needs of our range of clients whilst maintaining a close
personal relationship between the principal, staff and clients.